I can be such a good mom...when I take on my children one at a time. It would be merciful if the kids would ask me for my assistance in turn. I would be able to care for them so much better. When I am summoned by all three at once, my brain can experience sensory overload. Unfortunately, when one of my kids is hyper, or teasing, or super silly, or crying the others usually join in synergistically. This energy usually reaches a peak between 5 and 7 p.m. That is when the kids start running laps around the house chasing each other until someone gets hurt and it is exactly when my energy is dwindling. I usually shuffle the kids outside to do their rough housing. Dave often doesn't get home until about 8 p.m. after they are fed, bathed, and ready for bed (if I'm on top of it). Maybe he plans to miss crazy hour on purpose?
Lately, I have really enjoyed having time with Lou by herself. With the boys at school, we have been able to have some fun one-on-one time. See? Look how happy she is.
Today, she wanted to go feed ducks at the pond on the south side of BYU campus. Usually the ducks there are so well fed that there is bread swollen and floating on the water. Today, however, they were starving. With autumn here, they must not be getting their regular rations. When we arrived, they came running for us and swarmed Lou.

She was a little nervous at times when they got too close.
The ducks had a hard time taking turns and they begged from Lou all at once. We noticed some biting and pecking.

After she fed them, she knew what to do. She chased them away to play. I think she had a lesson about being a mom today.
5 comments:
Oh those are some great pics of Lou! What great fun you had with her at the park! You are a wonderful mamma! And I love one-on-one time...I wished I could clone myself for bedtime!!
I agree. One on one time is the best. I try to do it at least once a week. I am glad I have your blog now to keep in touch with you guys. Hope all is going well. Connie
sweet little ellie bear.
I'm so glad you liked the white chili! Its a good one! I need to get some more yummy chili's for the coming winter!
Ya, about having more kids...I'm ready, I'm just waiting for Mark to get on the same page!!
You're kids are so cute! I try to have a little time alone with each of mine but it's always a zoo!
Post a Comment