Ray-Ray is a very interesting kid. I'd really like to get inside his head sometimes and see how the gears turn. As a little boy, he'd suddenly recite, almost perfectly, parts from a movie he had watched weeks before. He would talk in metaphors like when he told David to "cut a hole in the night" meaning that he wanted the sun to come up and he called things that were sour lemonaded. I guess all kids have their cute little sayings that endear them to their parents. Ray had the cute little saying but he is also a bit quirky.
Recently he said something to me that I want to share but I have to give the background. I am sure over the past years, Ray has heard Dave and I discuss money issues and how we are going to afford certain things. I know we've given the lecture to our kids about wasting food and that it is like throwing daddy's time and money down the garbage disposal because he works to afford that food. I know I've had to tell my kids no time and time again when they ask (beg) for stuff at the store. And, at some point, I explained to Ray that we "own" our house, but it's not paid off and we make monthly payments and it'll take several years of making payments, like until I'm 50, until it is paid off. With this all churning up in his mind (and the kid doesn't forget anything) Ray came up with a plan. Ray doesn't like change. It is challenging for him to adapt and change can sometimes lead to emotional crisis. Therefore, he decided he was never going to leave home. He told me that he would live in our home with his wife and kids with us and that since we will have paid off the house by then, he wouldn't have to make any payments. A seven year old came up with a way to never make a mortgage payment. Funny kid. How does he think up this stuff?
5 comments:
To cute little does he know, in a couple of years he will be begging to leave the nest and be on his own. I love the mind of a child
My kids have told me the same thing.(about never leaving home) Chad and I assure them that they will be vvvvvvvery happy to have their own place when they get older!!
The cool part of that for me...is the fact that he is thinking of his wife and kids:)
Marty
I wish I could have figured out a way not to make mortgage payments. What a great kid.
I love how he's quirky. Especially since it seems like once they start getting bigger they start to lose those quirks. He's such a cutie!
Post a Comment